19 June 2008

One Day At A Time

I am clinging, Lord
I am holding fast,
I am resting, sheltered
Safe within Your arms.
The storm is raging,
But I am clinging, Lord.

I am grasping, Lord,
For though the clinging worked before,
The raging storm has shaken loose my hold;
But I stretch out my hand,
and I am grasping still.

I am slipping Lord!
For though I clung and held and grasped,
The storm has gripped me, and I am sinking fast!

Prepared to slip, I closed my eyes,
The storm about me raging.
I am falling, Lord,
For though I tried, I fear my faith is not enough.

Time stood still -
I opened my eyes - behold, You hold me fast!
I had clung, but slipped and failed,
And though the storm about me raged,
I could not sink.

You hold me, Lord,
Fast, sure, unfailing.
And in this storm, though I would wish it so,
You will not let me go.

My child, He said, assuring me,
I did not ask for you to hold,
Nor that you be strong.
My faith and strength are plenty,
And all I ask is that you let Me hold you.

No comments:

Post a Comment