What was in The Freezer
I’d heard of Rednecks, and thought I knew at least a little about their strange ways, but my confidence was quickly shattered in a brief and significant instant.
Avery: hey, look, it’s still in the freezer, and it’s solid!
Me: huh, what is it?
Avery: look at it!
[at this point I took the medium-sized zip lock bag from Avery to look at “it”]
Me: what is it? [again]
Avery: it’s a mole
[I still wasn’t quite sure what I was holding]
Me: a mole?
Avery: yeah
[I looked at the clouded bag again, this time more closely and suddenly noticed the claws, a face, the body…]
Me: Aaah! It’s a mole!
Avery: that’s what I said
Me: why is there a mole in your freezer? Why?
Avery: I dunno. It’s just there.
Me: buy why? [my logic-loving mind strained to find some reason for having a mole in one’s freezer]
Lauren: Paige, haven’t you heard of Rednecks? You don’t need a reason. It’s just there.
*sigh* I guess I will never understand. And I don’t imagine that I will ever want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment