As many of you may and/or may not know, I decided to break out of my comfort zone and write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November, which happens to be National Novel Writing Month. The technique is basically write and don'tyoudareeditanything. Quantity, not quality, is the rule. Hey, I can do that, I thought, so I am, and today reached 15,033 words, right no track [the daily minimum is 1,667 words].
One of the quotes in the book No Plot? No Problem! goes something like this: "to make something beautiful you must first risk it being horribly crappy."
So far my novel is pretty close to that latter category, but that's okay. Quantity, not quality.
After the first day I already felt discouraged, saw numerous plot holes, and hated my characters, but succeeded in forcing myself to continue, comforting myself with the hope that it will get better as I get into the groove.
So, if I seem anti-social, I am. I'm writing a novel [and I'm sick to boot]. I might decide to let you know what my novel is about, if I'm feeling nice.
Well, bye!
One of the quotes in the book No Plot? No Problem! goes something like this: "to make something beautiful you must first risk it being horribly crappy."
So far my novel is pretty close to that latter category, but that's okay. Quantity, not quality.
After the first day I already felt discouraged, saw numerous plot holes, and hated my characters, but succeeded in forcing myself to continue, comforting myself with the hope that it will get better as I get into the groove.
So, if I seem anti-social, I am. I'm writing a novel [and I'm sick to boot]. I might decide to let you know what my novel is about, if I'm feeling nice.
Well, bye!

Wow! how fun....I'd like to read it when you're finished.=)
ReplyDeleteLove & Prayers,
Melissa
1 Peter 2:9