Today I looked outside the floor-to-ceiling windows in the lecture hall and noticed that it was very windy.
You can’t see it. You don’t know where it comes from. You don’t know where it will go.
But because you see the effects of wind, you know it’s there.
Sometimes that is how the Spirit works. I don’t always see Him or feel Him, but I clearly see His handiwork wherever I turn. Sometimes His work is more visible, as it has been here at Bodenseehof. Sometimes it is hard to detect, like when I was so sick last year.
Sometimes wind brings change in the weather. Often the work of the Spirit brings change; He has brought much change in my life since September, change that has surprised me, challenged me, and delighted me, but never change for which He had not first prepared me.
The strength of wind can be both terrifying and beautiful. I am awed and humbled by the work that I see the Spirit doing in me.
Some days are wind days, days to enjoy the ride and participate in the exciting and exhilarating work of God.
Paige, I am so glad you are posting again. I'm excited for the "themes". It is windy in Minnesota today too. Windy, snowy, and darkening.
ReplyDelete