14 April 2010



I may miss the view of the Swiss Alps I had from my balcony in Germany, but I sure am glad to be home. Few things say "home with all the other Duecks" like watching old school Sesame Street with everyone on a Saturday morning after breakfast. We were all sitting on the floor, everyone from my 2 year old nephew to my 29 year old brother, watching Sesame Street on a small screen TV. Life is good.

Another of those "yup, I'm home" moments happened when I went into one of the bathrooms (I keep losing count on how many we actually have) and found a book titled THE BATHROOM GAME BOOK Games designed to keep you on the edge of your seat. Yes, it's good to be home.

One of the nice things about going away for six months is that, when I returned, I was the celebrity. And when you are the celebrity, your little sisters do things like draw you pictures and write you messages to give you when you get back.




Yes, it's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Home is a wonderful place. And a glimpse into a home other than my own - into activity and thought - is enjoyable. :) Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete