Spring is always a time of rebirth in nature, and I find that it is often a time of rebirth and renewal for me as well. Two Springs ago I was experiencing significant healing from a long illness as well as some profound emotional and spiritual healing. Last Spring I was experiencing the excitement of my recent engagement and the anticipation of moving to Vancouver.
This Spring, after a long and rainy winter filled with unexpected hardships and joy, I am beginning to feel a little more settled, a little more rooted in this location, and feel as if little pink flowers are about to blossom from the branches that have appeared bare in the past months. There is a renewed joy, a renewed peace, a rebirth of desires that became all to easily buried in the chaos of transition. I still have good weeks and rough weeks, healthwise, but the longer daylight hours and more frequent sunshine have helped significantly in my ability to handle the rough days.
I know it's not Spring everywhere in the world (I'm learning a great many things from my Aussie friends), but I'm grateful for the visual reminders of renewal and rebirth around me as Easter approaches.
May you experience renewal and rebirth this Spring, in body, mind, and spirit.
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. " John 12:24
No comments:
Post a Comment