04 April 2007

Somewhere it's Snowing



Yesterday started out gray and rainy. Later, as I sat at my computer plugging away on my medical research paper, it began to snow. First it was mere flurries, but by evening the flakes had become thick and dense. This morning I looked outside and saw a fresh white blanket covering the city.

Yes, on April 3 it was snowing in Minnesota. I predicted a few weeks ago that we were in for another snowfall before spring set in for good. That is just how Minnesota weather works. Two weeks ago it reached 80 degrees, and now it is 30, windy, and snowy.

As I looked out on the snow, it reminded me of a song. The music is gorgeous, but the words are equally beautiful. Here they are:

Somewhere it's Snowing
I once read in a poem when snow
covers the earth
That it hides the world's scars and
gives nature new birth
And they say when a man turns
from sin to the Lord
That forgiveness like snow covers
him evermore

(chorus)
And somewhere it's snowing, see
the soft drifting down
As the snowflakes surrender to to the
hardening ground
Like the good grace of Jesus that
now covers our sin
In the kingdom of heaven it's
snowing again.

And it's told that the angels lift
their hearts and rejoice
When one traveler turns home-
ward from his way to the Lord's
If somewhere someone's turning,
he's giving his all
Then God's grace like the snow, is
beginning to fall

(chorus)
And somewhere it's snowing, see
the soft drifting down
As the snowflakes surrender to to the
hardening ground
Like the good grace of Jesus that
now covers our sin
In the kingdom of heaven it's
snowing again.


Stephanie Boosahda & David Stearman

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog. keep up the good writting. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paige,
    I found a hymn titled "Ready" which made me think of the name of your blog. This hymn is perfect for your message.
    If want the words, let me know and I'll email them.
    I miss you girl!
    Love ya, Sarah N
    AE15

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment will have nothing to do with your post. It is all to say that... Oh how I miss you terribly!
    Love you forever!

    By the way, I do love your blog and the nany posts on them! What an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete