26 July 2009

from VA

:)

I've been home from VA for almost a week now, still savouring memories of that lovely week. When I think of the people in this picture a verse from From Every Stormy Wind That Blows comes to mind:


There is a scene where spirits blend,
Where friend holds fellowship with friend;
Though sundered far, by faith they meet
Around one common mercy seat.


They are the friends that though one lives in Colorado and the other in Texas, and we don't keep up as much as we wish we would, we can get together and it is as though we saw each other yesterday. We can talk about everything together, and have discussions about pretty much any topic from Harry Potter to weddings to relationships to farming...yes, it was a good week.

A few more pictures from VA...

sitting by the Potomac in Colonial Beach, a cute little town in Virginia:
sitting by the Potomac

foam art

kitten

I'll end with this happy picture of us on the way to the airport, nearing the end of our happy week:
kindred spirits
(I love these people!)

I am blessed. There's just no other way to put it!

No comments:

Post a Comment