06 May 2008

Bedside Library

Like every nerdy home-schooler (or most of them anyway), I like to read. I always keep my stack of current books (yes, it is always a stack) by my bed, ready for me to grab whatever suits my fancy. I can never read just one book at a time; sadly, the internet has shortened my attention span, and I end up accumulating an interesting, and somewhat humorous, variety of books on the floor by my bed. I glanced over it the other day, and found that my pile had grown a little larger than usual:

  • Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper (we are going through the book and study guide in my Bible study)

  • Amplified Bible

  • The Dictionary of Wholesome Foods, a passionate A-Z guide to the earth's healthy offerings Various Authors

  • Taste and See by John Piper

  • Pilates for Core Strength plus two other Pilates books

  • Quest for Love by Elisabeth Elliot (anything by her is good)

  • Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came To Die by John Piper

  • My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers

  • Tired of Being Tired by Jesse Lynn Hanley, M.D. and Nancy Deville - this has given me a lot of help in dealing with adrenal fatigue

  • Zodhiates Bible (KJV)

  • The Best of A.W. Tozer, Book Two

  • Tozer on Christian Leadership

  • I Dared To Call Him Father by Bilquis Sheikh (very good autobiography)


Then of course, I have my journal and day planner (which I don't use much, as I've shared here).

“It isn’t the big pleasures that count the most; it’s making a great deal out of the little ones.” Jean Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment