Since I'm on a roll, I might as well mention that my plans to attend Bodenseehof, the Torchbearer's Bible school in Germany, are indeed getting finalized! The process up to this point has been long, uncertain, and a test of faith. Up until a week and a half ago I didn't even have funds. Not a penny. But I knew that if God wanted me to go, as indeed He had lead me to believe, then He would provide the money. And He did! in an amazing and unexpected way. I stand in awe of my amazing God, who is trustworthy and faithful. There was never a doubt in my mind that He could provide the money, just that He would. Sometimes it's hard to know if I'm really pursuing God's will or my own plans, ya know? But that's not the point, not the focus. The point was, and is, what God is telling me to do in the moment, and not worry about the rest. I am uncertain of how He will work, but I am always certain that He will work.
There are still a lot of details that need to be taken care of, and we are still praying that my sister Gracie can go too. And then there is packing. How do you fit six months of your life into two suitcases? where do you begin to determine what you really need and what can stay behind? I know it will be good for me to be forced to minimize my possessions for a while. I really don't need three different kinds of mousse, two kinds of hairspray, and five different shampoos (okay, so maybe I'm not that bad all the time, but you get my drift).
The website for the school is www.bodenseehof.de/ - you should check it out! there are a few pictures of the location (right on Lake Constance, across from the Swiss border, near the Alps...yeah, I'm excited!)
I plan to keep up with blogging while I'm there (the school has wireless, yay!), but I might create a separate blog for that purpose, depending on if Gracie comes of not.
If you have any tips on living in Europe that an inexperienced American might need to know, I'd be glad to here them.
No comments:
Post a Comment