19 August 2009

glorisously breathtaking

Only four weeks until I leave for Germany. 28 days, 16 hours and 16 minutes, to be exact. My room looks like it's been hit by the proverbial tornado with all my practice packing (to see how much I can fit in my suitcases), and my mind is a-whirl with never ending to-do lists details to take care of in these last remaining days at home.

There is something gloriously breathtaking about surrendering one's future to God. I don't know how to describe it, or even how I came to the point of being so completely surrendered to God's will. All I know is that it has been a work of God. I used to be driven by and dependent on my plans and goals, and while I don't discount such means of giving structure to life, God has deigned it necessary to lead me one step at a time, without having a clue what will come next. In the past He has always lead me in unconventional ways, always surprising me with the next phase of life. Even a few months ago I would never have thought I'd now be preparing to live in Europe for six months! And I am gloriously uncertain of all things save one: my God. I don't know what He will do in those six months over-seas, nor in the months after my return home, but all that matters is that I know He will work and lead, and that takes my breath away.

Goodness, is it possible to be this excited about life?

My acceptance letter for Bodenseehof says "bring something that represents your country" - do 3D glasses count?

No comments:

Post a Comment